pages

Paul Croteau Confections

>> Wednesday, August 11, 2010


A week ago, Paul Croteau Confections opened a kiosk at Oakridge Centre mall. Their individually wrapped macarons come in five flavours, each of which are scrumptiously pleasing. After hemming and hawing for far too long, I gave in and bought all five. Why I put myself through this type of deliberation even for a moment is beyond me.

My favourite is the salted caramel, a flavour combination I'm relieved to see has staying power throughout the dessert world. The inside was a whipped delight surrounded by sticky and airy cookies sporting a lightly crusted shell. This is by no means a run-of-the-mill macaron; this is a heavenly indulgence.

Lemon came in second, but then again I heart most things lemon. Interestingly, the chocolate was last on the list because I felt it overpowered the delicacy of the macaron. While it was still great, I can get my chocolate fix in many different forms. Pistachio, however, was far more special and worked quite well in the macaron.

I'd have to give it up to PC Confections and acknowledge these to be among the best macarons in town.

There were other creations, including beautiful nougats and homemade marshmallows which looked squishy and fresh fresh fresh. See, I did control myself. For how long remains the question.

friends at tea
lemon

pistachio, coffee, double chocolate

pistachio, salted caramel,
double chocolate, coffee

Paul Croteau Confections on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment