pages

Crème de la Crumb

>> Friday, August 13, 2010


Several weeks ago, I was desperately trying to satisfy my craving for carrot cake. We rolled into the newly opened Crème de la Crumb shortly after closing time. The proprietor, Lydia Lai, was more than happy to stay open a few more minutes for me to make my purchase. I was so excited about the carrot cake, I tweeted about it.

Since I don't live or work downtown, and the shop is now open only on weekdays, a return visit wasn't the easiest of tasks, but sometimes you have make sacrifices, and I made a special trip on my bicycle. I can't wait for the new Hornby bike separated lanes!

With eager anticipation I walked in the door to peruse the display.

As I stood there, taking photos and deciding what to order, I could see folks devouring their goodies right then and there, while others were darting back into the shop to greedily grab seconds.


When I first entered the shop, this tray of cinnamon buns with vanilla bean icing was full.


ingredients patiently waiting to be included
in another amazing creation
I had heard good things about their sandwiches, so I tried the Pan-Seared Salmon and Roasted Garlic Aioli, with arugula and red onion marmalade on a French baguette. Just reading the description made my mouth water. The sandwich was a delicious as it sounds.


After I enjoyed my meal at one of the outside tables, I bought a few things to take home.

lemon poppy seed cake

dark chocolate & pineapple scone

brownie bar
Lydia Lai's creativity and adept use of ingredients is truly a joy to experience. If you haven't already done so, I urge you to check out Crème de la Crumb and share in my wonder.



Crème de la Crumb Bakeshop on Urbanspoon

1 comments:

Anonymous,  August 13, 2010 at 8:45 PM  

Agreed! I'm definitely addicted to those delectable scones and sweet waffles!

Post a Comment