pages

DOW: Château La Gorce

>> Friday, July 2, 2010

Ever since I found this demi-bouteille years ago, Château La Gorce has been my go-to wine when my lovable partner is off-radar or simply in beer mode.


Being an Old World wine, the name of a grapes are not listed on the bottle. Most Médoc châteaux from the Bordeaux region of France typically grow at least three varieties of red grapes: a majority of Cabernet Sauvignon with perhaps Merlot, Cabernet Franc, or Petit Verdot, and occasionally Malbec. Château La Gorce, true to form, plant 45% Cabernet Sauvignon, 50% Merlot and 5% Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot.

I enjoy the earthiness and the orange, raspberry and rosemary scents of this particular wine. It is substantial with a bright, full, well-balanced fruit. I usually pair it with French or Italian foods.

0 comments:

Post a Comment