pages

Creekbread

>> Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I've noticed a trend in restaurant ratings. Whenever a place uses high quality ingredients, whether organic or sustainable or fair trade, it seems people are not willing to pay the price premium, and, as a result, their ratings suffer. Despite this, Creekbread still has a reasonably high rating on Urbanspoon, which I think is telling.

Although I usually prefer Bloody Marys to Caesars, when I go out, I'll occasionally order a Caesar, just because many places have their own version of a Caesar on the menu. On this evening, I was super happy I did. See the skewered hot pepper?


If you don't want a standard table, this loungy area is pretty handy.


Our server talked up the salad a lot and with good reason. The vegetables on our Organic Salad with Happy Days Farm goat cheese were as fresh as they come and the house raspberry vinaigrette was delectable.


Whistler Brewing Company beer on tap!


The vegan pizza - yum-aroo!


Our special order pizza: vegan minus allergens plus nitrate-free apple wood smoked bacon.


Surprise, surprise, we snuck some wine in there too.


I'm still thinking about our glorious meal, and I'm tempted to go back to Whistler just to visit Creekbread again.


"Food is love."


Creekbread on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment