pages

Belgian Fries

>> Thursday, February 24, 2011

I find it mildly amusing when I stumble across a restaurant, venture in because it looks interesting, and only later find out that it's one of the more popular restaurants in the city.

Such was the case on Sunday, when I headed to The Drive to get some treats from Fratelli Bakery. Of course, I never bothered to check the hours, and arrived too late. Feeling a mite peckish, I ducked into Belgian Fries for some sustenance.

Besides fries, you can also find poutine (of course), onion rings. burgers, fish and chips, hot dogs, and more. They even have pitchers of beer.

These potatoes are not just for decoration; the restaurant peels and chips them on site.


Did I actually order only one small cone of fries? No, here's the second.


The couple next to us were gracious enough to let me take a photograph of their poutine,


and their veggie burger.


These were some of the best fries I've had in a long while, and the popularity of the place is now understandable.



Belgian Fries on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment