pages

Flour Bakery + Cafe

>> Friday, May 28, 2010

Locals rave about Flour Bakery + Cafe and for excellent reason. When I was in Boston last month, my host took me straight to this wholesome spot for lunch my first day visiting. The minute I walked into this sunny, high-ceilinged, friendly, granola-hipster spot, I was smacked with the certainty that this would be a good meal.




Sandwiches are plentiful with inventive layer upon layer of seasonal ingredients.


Bakery items will leave you gawking. Homemade peeps, oreos and some of the best carrot cake out there.

To my delight, they even had a vegan chocolate cupcake. The whole experience was, in fact, incredibly allergy friendly.

Super knowledgeable staff are educated on the products and have a serious commitment to sustainability. They find ways to use those less-than-perfect-looking berries, they recycled long before it was mandatory, and they decided to bake their own bread in order to cut down on the environmental effects of transporting it.



So the lunch line can get gruesome. The prices do not. Worth it!


Flour Bakery + Cafe on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment